Mobilize at VivaTech: energy and data for sustainable and safe mobility
At Viva Technology, Mobilize offers a deep dive into energy and data, two key elements to facilitate and encourage the transition to a more sustainable, safer and more accessible mobility.
- A complete range of home, office and on-the-road charging solutions, for private and professional customers, including agreements with IONITY and Sowee.
- Innovative data-driven services for local governments, such as:
- A solution to optimize the location and number of charging stations that need to be installed.
- A road diagnostics solution for better management of renovation work.
- A solution to improve road safety.
A complete range of EV charging solutions
Mobilize offers a complete range of solutions for individuals, mobility operators and fleet managers, with EV charging at home, at work, and on the open road. In particular:
- Mobilize Charge Pass and Business Pass give individuals and professionals access to more than 250,000 charging stations in 25 European countries, with app-assisted geo-localisation and single-card payment. The agreement with European leader IONITY provides access to rapid-charge terminals at negotiated rates.
- At home, Mobilize Smart Charge means users can charge their vehicle automatically when electricity prices are cheapest, saving up to €130 every year. In France, Mobilize is partnering with Sowee, a subsidiary of EDF, to offer carbon-neutral electricity contracts to optimize EV charging and earn points at the same time (more information here).
Mobilize is also preparing the next generation of EV battery optimization (V2G, ‘Vehicle to Grid’). EV batteries will be used not only to store energy, but also to supply energy back into to the grid.
- Lastly, with betteries, Mobilize gives batteries second lease on life as mobile storage solutions, with production having just started at the Renault Group Refactory in Flins (France).
Data serving people and communities
Mobilize develops data-based services for its customers. With the consent of drivers, it aggregates data from connected cars with data from infrastructure points and partners. This is then used for three services:
- ‘Smart EV Charging Places’ analyses a territory in order to propose the best roll-out strategy for charging stations, taking into account the behaviour and habits of electric vehicles’ users. It also identifies the lack of public or semi-public charging stations, unavailable or defective stations. Mobilize thus supports the ecological transition by acting on electrification in support of local governments.
- ‘Smart Road Monitoring’ is a road quality diagnostic service allowing better management (optimization and prediction) of any necessary roadworks. It pools together data and images collected by a high-performance sensor – developed and patented by Renault Group – which detects road faults, and a camera that compares visual data with against faults detected by the sensor. A classification helps prioritize the work required and to estimate costs. For local governments, this means lower maintenance costs, noise pollution, and CO2 emissions.
- ‘Safety Road’ by Mobilize is used to identify risk-prone zones in a given area and assist local governments in prioritizing necessary road works. Data from connected vehicles is used to identify dangerous or risky driving. Such information is then projected onto a map of the area thereby showing the precise locations where the road is the primary cause of dangerous driving. The "Safety Road" service also helps local governments assess the impact of the improvements made by studying changes in driver behaviour, almost immediately.
Mobilize also works with the Software République ecosystem (members and start-ups), who will be speaking at the booth.
To find out more, meet our experts at the Mobilize stand (Hall 1, Stand E11):
Wednesday, June 15th – Mobilize Booth
12 noon – Data for Change, by Nathalie André and Shabnam Khosravi (Mobilize)
3pm – The unknown 2nd life of EV batteries, by Rainer Hoenig (betteries) and Amaury Gailliez (Mobilize)
4pm – Charge anywhere and Charge Smart, by Jérémie Motin (EDF) and Alain Thoral (Mobilize)
The presentations will be available from 16th June on https://events.renaultgroup.com/en/.
Wednesday, June 15th – VivaTech News Platform
3:37pm - Clotilde Delbos, CEO of Mobilize, will talk about the creation of the Mobilize brand and its "Vehicle-as-a-Service" model. Or how Mobilize reverses the classic equation of the automotive industry by starting from services to achieve at the product.
1 - This includes €95 savings on the electricity bill due to peak/off-peak switches and €35 in points via the app. Example calculated on the basis of charging a vehicle at home, in France, with a peak/off-peak electricity contract, full use of the Mobilize smart charge service in off-peak hours, and an annual consumption of 2,500kWh.
Mobilize, the Renault Group brand dedicated to new mobilities, offers a wide range of vehicle-based services through an integrated technology platform: financing, insurance, payments, energy, maintenance, and refurbishment. Built around open ecosystems, Mobilize champions a transition towards sustainable energy solutions, as outlined in Renault Group's goal of achieving carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040 and fostering growth within the circular economy.
For more information, visit mobilize.com or follow Mobilize on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.